This intensive entrepreneur training is co-sponsored by the Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Centers (MI-SBTDC) and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC). Fast Trac® New Venture® will lead entrepreneurs from evaluation of a current business or concept to intensive instruction on all aspects of small business operations.
Fast Trac® New Venture® is a program of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, one of the nation’s leading organizations in advancing entrepreneurship. Students must have a current business or concept to enroll, as they will be producing a business plan as part of the course requirements.
- Test your business idea.
- Broaden your understanding of business
- Plan your financial needs to avoid cash flow problems.
- Structure your business operations for efficiency.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills by learning from other entrepreneurs.
- Ten weekly 3-hour sessions.
- Small group activities and hands-on coaching during each session.
- Text and online training materials are from the nationally recognized FastTrac® New Venture™ program proven through use with thousands of businesses.
- Entrepreneur guest speakers.
- Provide process to launch your business with confidence.
- Identify opportunities to start your business.
- Learn new concepts to apply to your business each week.
- Addresses individual planning needs.
Get on track fast! Orientation January 12, 2012 from 6-7:30p.m. at NMC’s Aero Park Campus, Parson-Stulen Building room 226. Pre-registration is required; register at Northwestern Michigan College or by calling (231)995-1700 with code 11559. For more information, please contact Meg at 231-922-3780 or email@example.com. The normal $700 per student fee has been reduced through scholarship funding provided by the MEDC; students pay only $140. Class size will be strictly limited, so please register early.